Chuck Marohn interviews Catherine Fitts, Strong Towns member and founder of the Solari Report.
Catherine served as managing director and member of the board of directors of the Wall Street investment bank Dillon, Read & Co. Inc., as Assistant Secretary of Housing and Federal Housing Commissioner at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development in the first Bush Administration, and was the president of Hamilton Securities Group, Inc.
In this conversation, Catherine discusses her past leadership roles and how that has influenced her outlook on building investment and wealth–not just for individuals–but for communities as a whole.
Chuck Marohn was also featured on the earlier this year, which you can check out here.
Strong Towns Podcast – Aligning Profit Motives and Community Needs
Strong Towns Principles
As advocates for a strong America, we know the following to be true:
- Strong cities, towns and neighborhoods cannot happen without strong citizens (people who care).
- Local government is a platform for strong citizens to collaboratively build a prosperous place.
- Financial solvency is a prerequisite for long term prosperity.
- Land is the base resource from which community prosperity is built and sustained. It must not be squandered.
- A transportation system is a means of creating prosperity in a community, not an end unto itself.
- Job creation and economic growth are the results of a healthy local economy, not substitutes for one.
Learn more about Strong Towns and become a member too! Mission
Support Strong Towns Make a Donation